Quality and Standards in Human Services Conference
Wednesday November 21st 2012, Croke Park.
The conference explored the extensive work conducted by the National Economic and Social Council (NESC) on Achieving Quality and Standards in Human Services.
The work is concerned with how regulation and standards can best contribute to high quality, continuously improving human services. The challenge of providing quality services with reduced resources in the current economic climate, has brought an increasing interest in standards, performance and accountability. The overall NESC project draws on theory and international evidence, along with an overview of developments in Ireland, and set out the different routes to quality across service sectors. The analysis explored how individual organisations can be assisted to improve whilst entire sectors are encouraged to deliver a more person and community-centred service.
- Details of the programme; click here
- Presentation by Helen Johnston and Barry Vaughan
- Presentation by Colin Scott
- Presentation by Mervyn Taylor
- Presentation by Edna Jordan
- Presentation by Jeanne Moore
- Presentation by Anne-Marie McGauran
- Presentation by John Seddon
- Presentation by Tom Hughes
- Conference Highlights