Irish Climate Change Policy
The NESC Secretariat, at the request of the The Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, have undertaken analysis to inform the development of Irish climate change policy. The NESC Climate Change project included the development of potential policies and measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in agriculture, transport, heat in buildings and renewable energy supply; and, a basis for a national transition to a low-carbon future by 2050.
The work was completed in December 2012.
- Final Report Ireland's Climate Change Challenge
- Executive Summary Ireland's Climate Change Challenge
- Interim report listed here
- Terms of Reference
- Background Papers (These papers were produced by the Secretariat to support the analysis)
- Climate Change-Meeting Ireland's 2020 Obligations:NESC/UCD Workshop
- Introductory Statement by the NESC Secretariat to the Joint Oireachtas Committee on the Environment, Culture and the Gaeltacht