You are here: Home > News & Events > Appointments to the National Economic and Social Council
Appointments to the National Economic and Social Council
- 14 March 2022
- Types: Uncategorized
A new term of office for our Council will begin in May 2022. The process of appointment for the Independent members will be carried out via the Department of the Taoisech and StateBoards.ie.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people who will contribute to the work of the Council.
The successful candidate must have a strong strategic focus and an understanding of the policy environment in which the NESC operates. Candidates should have a good knowledge of Ireland’s strategic policies.
High level analytical ability, experience of critically evaluating policy options or advising on policy options, and a track record of contributing to national discourse are essential.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable ability to contribute to the work of the NESC and the development of priorities for its work programme, including helping to identify any gaps in analysis.
Candidates must also have knowledge or experience of one or more of the following at an appropriately senior level:
- Social policy in Ireland and the EU
- Labour market and social security
- Energy and climate change policy
- Environmental challenges and the interaction with the human and physical environment
- Globalisation, trade
- Regional economic development
- Enterprise and Innovation Policy
- Academic/research institution at an appropriately senior level
- Designing and/or implementing public policy at an appropriately senior level
- Peer-reviewed publication record
- Regulatory policy
- Advisory/policy board membership
Closing Date: 15:00 on Monday, 04th April 2022
Please visit StateBoards.ie for more information and to submit an application.